Saturday, 26 September 2015

Worlds Groups Predictions - Group A.

1st Place: KOO Tigers.


Even with their mediocre run into the Korean playoff finals, the KOO tigers have shown a vast variety of strategy and innovation though out the korean scene. Innovating comps such as the 'Jugger-maw' and the 'freight-train' they have shown that they are very good at adapting to the new Meta. However, I believe that most of all victories at worlds will be judged by the top laners and their ability to put on their carry socks.

In this context their only real concern is CLG ( that's a sentence I never thought I would say) because time and time again ZionSpartan has shown that he is a very capable player who excels at carry top laners- we are already well aquainted with his riven, which he used to great effect in the 2014 splits with his former team 'Coast'. Smeb, however, has shown no lack of ability in the carry department constantly bolstering his team's success with pocket picks like Lissandra and Jax.

2nd Place: YOE Flash Wolves

Surprised? Yes, I did just say that CLG would be a problem for KOO. But that was in the context of toplaners. Overall, the Flash Wolves are a far more superior team. Before you start busting out the apple pie spirit, hear me out. The Yoe Flash Wolves, within Taiwan, have always been considered the best team in the region- before the LMS playoffs, FW were the biggest predicted to get first seed to worlds. These assertions weren't made on blind fact- Yoe, in taiwan, are revered as the 'china killers' owing to the fact that they can consistently defeat top tier chinese teams in scrims. In my opinion, they may not have shown up for regional playoffs, but they damn sure will show up for worlds. 





3rd Place: Counter Logic Gaming.

This is honestly a hard call to make, especially since Xmithie was just announced as a part of their starting roster in group stages. The only reason I put them below Flash Wolves is a personal 'gut' sensation. Otherwise, the competition between these two teams are actually very comparable. Even with BOTH teams playing at their best it would be hard to call a definite winner.

In fact, on paper, CLG's chances of beating the Flash Wolves are much greater, again owing to the fact that ZionSpartan is a great fit to the current Meta. Furthermore, Steak, is considered one of the weakest toplaners playing at this year's worlds. If CLG can withstand yoe's shear aggression, they should easily be able to place second- I just don't think they can.


4th Place : Pain Gaming.

If anyone could discount a team enough- it's Pain Gaming. Analysts following the brazillian scene will actually tell you that this team is decent. However much i'm inclined to agree with them, I can't place them anywhere above 4th. I will however make the bold assertion that Pain will take two games in this group and one of them will be a stomp.

No comments:

Post a Comment